Based in East Anglia, UK, sound recordist Jonathan Blagrove has been recording location sound for the film, TV, corporate and commercial industries for the past 16 years, trading as Coda Films since 2015.
Passionate about capturing sound for picture, Jonathan understands how important it is to get it right on location first time.
With experiences from filming all over the globe on some award winning productions and sometimes working in some extreme environments and on sensitive subjects, Jonathan will bring his easy going but professional attitude to any size of job.
I have worked with Jonathan on a number of projects and he has always been a delight to work with. The majority of our work together has been on observational documentary, often with vulnerable contributors and not only does he always deliver great sound, he works around any issues that may arise with a calmness that puts both crew and contributors at ease.Peter Coventry | Series Producer ‘Our Dementia Choir’
- Children In Need: Got It Covered (BBC)
- Babies (Netflix)
- Paul O’Grady: For The Love of Dogs (Multistory Media for ITV)
- Sam & Billy: The Mummy Diaries (Potato for ITV)
- Vicky McClure: Our Dementia Choir (Curve Media for BBC) [BAFTA 2020 nomination: Best Factual Series]
- A Year At Kings (BBC)
- Paul O’Grady’s Little Heroes (Olga TV for ITV)
- Harry’s Heroes: Full English (Talkback/ITV) [BAFTA 2020 nomination: Best Structured Reality Show]
Examples of work
- Extract from ‘Children In Need: Got it Covered‘
- Extract from ‘Vicky McClure: Our Dementia Choir‘
- Extract from ‘Harry’s Heroes: The Full English’
- Selwyn College Choir Performance
- Promo trailer: ‘Paul O’Grady: For the Love of Animals: India‘
- ‘Paul O’Grady For The Love of Dogs: India‘
- Field recording – bespoke sound library recording.
- Valid I-Visa (until 2025)
Location sound equipment
We have a wealth of location audio equipment for all your production needs; whether it’s a simple sit-down interview or a multiple contributor reality show we have you covered.
We primarily use Sound Devices mixers and recorders with a selection of Wisycom and Audio Ltd. A10 (with recordable transmitters) radio mics, along with Sennheiser and DPA microphones.
Email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
Our rates are industry standard, based on 10 hour and 12 hour days labour. Equipment package rates are agreed in advance, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for our recent rate card.
Sound – the bedrock to all great films! Jonathan Blagrove is one of the best sound recordists you will find. Nerdy to the point of perfection. We love it.Adam Giles | Cambridge FilmWorks
Safety and well-being of all crew and contributors on location is our priority. Download our best practice PDF guidelines: